Information I Collect
To fulfil your commission, order or enquiry, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Squarespace, Google, Mailchimp, Etsy or Microsoft to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering or enquiring about. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for illustration commissions, custom order of an original watercolour or price quote for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Squarespace. I share information with Squarespace as they host my website and I have a contact page on the site where comments and enquires can be made.
• Google. I share information with Google in two ways. Firstly, my blog is on the Blogger platform and comments and enquiries may come through this route. Also, I have an email account with them and they store some of my business emails.
• Mailchimp. I share information with Mailchimp as I use their service to send out occasional email newsletters. They store my mailing list.
• Microsoft. I share information with Microsoft as they are my main email provider and store most of my business emails.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my illustration business and online shop, such as, but not exclusively, website hosting, email providers, email newsletter providers and delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Squarespace, Google, Mailchimp and Microsoft are Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Lis Watkins, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Lis Watkins, 57a Tremaine Road, London SE20 7UA